Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday, May 22

We had a very strong wind storm come through yesterday.  We didn't have any damage, but the winds surely were strong.  John and I went out on the porch for a few minutes.  The temperature felt like it had dropped 20 degrees and the winds were too strong for us to stay out.

Today we did some work in the big garden.  The soil is clay and with the rain yesterday, my shoes reminded me of a children's story.  I wish I could remember the name of it.  My shoes picked up so much clay/mud, that each foot felt like it weighed 10 pounds.  The story I'm trying to remember is some baby chicks who got oatmeal in their food bowl and then it stuck to their feet.  Anyone remember?

Bob got the oil changed in the tractor and then we mowed down the driveway and by the front gate.  We had sprinkles, but not actual rain.




The big news is that the builder came to begin building the machine shed.
The fence that is behind the workers is our line fence and the barn is the neighbor's dairy barn.  I'm standing on the front porch of the house.




We are getting settled into a routine which is comforting.  We are very thankful that we were already familiar with the area.  That has made the transition much easier.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment