Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Introduction to Joshua

Let me introduce you to our newest grandson, Joshua.  They arrived home from China on May 31 and Joshua had his 5th birthday on June 11.  John had to show him how to open the packages and after the first 2, he said, "No more."  He wanted to stop and play with what he had,  Jackie's cousin Kim sent these things which he LOVES.  Cars and trucks and a boat.




He also loves Thomas the Train and Friends.  Of course, Grandpa and Daddy loved the fact that they "had" to get down on the floor and set up the track.





Then on Saturday we went to the Kentucky Railway Museum where they had a Thomas and Friends event.  It was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time.


John



 Sunday, June 15th was the VBS Program at our church.  They do things so well!


 Wilma came for a few days to help us get settled.  She also taught me to make bread.  I made a batch by myself a few days later and it turned out really well.  I made a batch again this week and it didn't go so well.  I tried to multi-task.  I didn't have the bread ready for the oven until my casserole for supper was in the oven already.  So, I moved my 2 casserole dishes to the bottom rack (we are feeding 7 people now) and put the bread on the top rack.  It didn't bake all the way through, so I had to put it back in which gave it a thick, very dark crust.  Well - I'm learning.  The picture is the first batch.


I am making good progress on my sewing room.  It is 12 x 13.  Keep in mind that I am still sorting and unpacking and don't have all my stuff yet.  Standing in the door and moving counter-clockwise -

My office space


Cutting table, which is a discarded lab table from Wheaton College.  So heavy that it will never move again.


And the other wall which will be my sewing and storage wall.







After supper tonight, the family played on the Slip & Slide in the yard.  Grandpa stopped to watch as he was putting the tractor away.  A perfect ending to a day here in the Bluegrass.











No comments:

Post a Comment